Who can give you better advice on using Twitter effectively and creatively more than the “creme de la creme” of Twitter users themselves? The answer is simple: No one!
Therefore, for today’s post, I will be sharing with you 10 great tips from 10 equally great Twitter users that are sure to enhance your overall tweeting experience:
- ryansholin – Be honest. Have fun. Don’t try to sell anything.
- wpcandy – Twitter about stuff that has to do with your blog, but also Twitter stuff that has nothing to do with your blog.
- scottkarp – Share links, share ideas, ask questions, answer questions — anything but “what are you doing?” unless it’s really interesting.
- rosshill – Join the conversation, there are too many blog promoters on twitter who just broadcast. Learn @ and start networking :)
- soniasimone – Write each word like it matters, because it does.
- fairminder – share links. share insights and trends, things that are new or timely/current. Be personal. Don’t link only to yourself.
- drmani – Look beyond the obvious (traffic, sales etc.) Add value. Build relationships. Think LONG term.
- CurtMonash – Learn what people care about. I got a glowing link from RSS inventor Dave Winer my first week of active twittering.
- ericabiz – Use twitterfeed. Instant feedback from readers is the best part of Twitter. Listen to others; engage them; have a conversation.
- vangogh – Respect the people you follow. Be interesting. Listen first, tweat second. Don’t waste words.
Hope you have enjoyed these tips as much as I did!
Looking forward to your insights, feedback and additional tips in the comments section below :)