Privacy is a very important concern when using social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
Therefore, for today’s post, I will be sharing with you 10 tips to ensure your privacy when using Twitter:
- Never share personal information such as phone numbers, addresses, credit card numbers, etc.
- Choose a complicated password including both letters and numbers. Make sure it is at least 6 characters long and that you change it on a regular basis.
- Avoid linking your Twitter account to other social media channels such as Facebook and FourSquare. Account linking could be very adverse to your privacy.
- Try not to post private pictures, especially those that expose your exact location because, yes, these could be tracked back to you.
- Always remember that anything you post on Twitter is permanent so choose your tweets wisely.
- Avoid using Twitter’s geo-tagging feature at all times unless you want all your Twitter friends to know where you are any time you decide to tweet!
- Check your privacy settings to see who gets a peek into your profile and tweets before adding them as Twitter friends.
- If you are using a shared computer, always remember to sign out once you are done using your account. Also, never choose “save my password” when using a sharing computer or if yours is not password protected.
- Ensure that you maintain compliance with your employer’s social media policy (if one exists).
- Be aware that your tweets can be repackaged and forwarded to third-parties.
Hope you found the tips useful. Wishing you safe tweeting always :)
Don’t hesitate to share your comments and insights in the comment section below.