Tweeting “right” is not a piece of cake, especially if your intentions go beyond the random act of tweeting to actually promoting products, services and/or people.
Therefore, for today’s post, I”ll be sharing with you 5 Twitter etiquette tips that work for all you Twitter users out there:
- Avoid text speak and “dnt tlk lyk ths”- if you are not able squeeze a proper sentence into 140 characters (or, ideally, less), just keep on trying; nobody likes random, incomplete and senseless sentences!
- Find the balance between being overly negative and too happy. Neither are enormously popular except with others like them. Don’t be somebody you’re not, but if the real you is a jerk, a sap or a fraud, you should probably work on it.
- It goes without saying, but trolls, bullies, spammers and stalkers are not welcome (MySpace would work better for those!)
- If you want more followers on Twitter, act as if you already have all the followers you want. If you want more retweets, act as if you deserve to be retweeted. Need more replies? Act as if you don’t need any at all.
- Don’t send people automated ‘welcome!’ direct messages when they start following you. It is frowned upon and, simply, annoying!
Hope you enjoyed our tips for today.
Please don’t hesitate to share with us your insights and feedback down below :)