I love Twitter, I really do; I love how it connects you to people from all over the world, people who would never ever get the chance to meet otherwise! I also love how it helps you promote different products, services and people while having to stick to a certain number of characters which, naturally, teaches you how to be creative in a unique manner.
The Angry Twitter Bird :)
However, there are a few things about Twitter that can drive me (and many others) nuts. So, for today’s post, I will be sharing those things with you in order to help you realize what you should try to avoid when using Twitter so you will get less unfollows and more follows:
So what are the things that make me mad wen it comes to Twitter?
1. “So-Called Gurus” on Twitter:
Whether you are an expert in marketing or any other field, I think claiming that you are a “guru” is very pretentious and annoying. I actually know many so-called gurus who have less followers than regular, sharing and active tweeps!
2. Twitter Users with Eggs as Avatars:
I usually look at the avatars of those whom I intend to follow on Twitter. To me, an “egg” avatar is somewhat insulting in the sense that thousands of Twitter users took the time to make sure they have unique avatars while those with the egg avatars didn’t even bother. Here’s the thing: I will not follow you if you had an egg for your avatar, regardless of how active you are; others agree with me as well!
3. Bio-Less Twitter Profiles:
Your Twitter profile is your introduction to new followers as well as a great way to put yourself on the internet map, therefore, you should invest time in creating a strong bio for yourself. If you don’t, you will probably be unfollowed using applications such as Tweepi. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged avatar, avatars, bio, bio-less, business, connecting, eggs, experts, follow, gurus, mad, marketing, sharing, spam, tips, Tweeps, tweets, Twitter, unfollow, users
Using Twitter for Your Small Business
Twitter can be used for business and pleasure. When used correctly, Twitter can be a great tool for small businesses to grow and prosper.
Therefore, today’s post will be a collection of 10 valuable tips every small business could benefit from:
1. As I have mentioned before, and I can’t stress this enough, do not use “eggs” as your Twitter avatar and be smart about your choice of Twitter background.
2. Use a business Twitter account to create a great place for customer relationship management. Teach your clients to use Twitter to keep with the happenings of your company. Also, it can help you share the news and information regarding the success of your clients.
3. Use Twitter as a discussion forum. Ask your clients and prospective clients what they would like to see, hear, taste, and experience.
4. Use Google Analytics to measure the traffic directed from Twitter to your blog or website. If you can measure the traffic related to sales or acquisitions it help you understand an ROI from the tool.
5. Encourage your employees to join Twitter and become part of the conversation.
6. Fill out your profile. Make sure you put information regarding your personal life as well as your business life. This is important because, yes, tweeps do check it. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, application, blog, business, cars, device, effective, follow, life, manage, mobile, personal, profile, retweet, RTs, small, tips, Tweeps, tweet, Twitter, URL, valuable
Some people think that it is easy to get retweets on Twitter. Trust me when I tell you: it’s NOT! More often than not, unless you are famous – a celebrity, singer, company, actor, politician and so on – your tweets might get lost in the tide!
So, from my experience on Twitter, here are 10 valuable tips which can help you increase the number of retweets you get on Twitter:
1. Make Your Tweets Count!
First and most importantly, you should always invest in your tweets. Your tweets are a reflection of who you are on Twitter so you should make them valuable and interesting enough to RT.
2. Choose Your Followers Carefully:
In case you haven’t realized it yet, you may have thousands of followers yet get a few retweets on your blog posts or in your mentions. If you are wondering why, remember that quality always comes before quantity. So, make sure the tweeps you want to follow are active on Twitter.
Check out the klout score & recent tweets to measure activity
3. Don’t Be Selfish!
It is only natural that you should treat others like you want to be treated, this applies to Twitter as well. If you want others to retweet you, make sure you retweet others as well!
4. Tweet Your Gratitude:
I found it very useful to tweet my gratitude for the retweets I get every now and then. Showing your appreciation make a lot of difference and encourages tweeps to support you by retweeting you more often.
Nothing beats “thank you”
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, content, follow, howto, increase, klout, profile, quality, recency, response, retweet, RT, tips, Tweepi, tweet, Twitter, update