Using Twitter for Your Small Business
Twitter can be used for business and pleasure. When used correctly, Twitter can be a great tool for small businesses to grow and prosper.
Therefore, today’s post will be a collection of 10 valuable tips every small business could benefit from:
1. As I have mentioned before, and I can’t stress this enough, do not use “eggs” as your Twitter avatar and be smart about your choice of Twitter background.
2. Use a business Twitter account to create a great place for customer relationship management. Teach your clients to use Twitter to keep with the happenings of your company. Also, it can help you share the news and information regarding the success of your clients.
3. Use Twitter as a discussion forum. Ask your clients and prospective clients what they would like to see, hear, taste, and experience.
4. Use Google Analytics to measure the traffic directed from Twitter to your blog or website. If you can measure the traffic related to sales or acquisitions it help you understand an ROI from the tool.
5. Encourage your employees to join Twitter and become part of the conversation.
6. Fill out your profile. Make sure you put information regarding your personal life as well as your business life. This is important because, yes, tweeps do check it. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, application, blog, business, cars, device, effective, follow, life, manage, mobile, personal, profile, retweet, RTs, small, tips, Tweeps, tweet, Twitter, URL, valuable
Some people think that it is easy to get retweets on Twitter. Trust me when I tell you: it’s NOT! More often than not, unless you are famous – a celebrity, singer, company, actor, politician and so on – your tweets might get lost in the tide!
So, from my experience on Twitter, here are 10 valuable tips which can help you increase the number of retweets you get on Twitter:
1. Make Your Tweets Count!
First and most importantly, you should always invest in your tweets. Your tweets are a reflection of who you are on Twitter so you should make them valuable and interesting enough to RT.
2. Choose Your Followers Carefully:
In case you haven’t realized it yet, you may have thousands of followers yet get a few retweets on your blog posts or in your mentions. If you are wondering why, remember that quality always comes before quantity. So, make sure the tweeps you want to follow are active on Twitter.
Check out the klout score & recent tweets to measure activity
3. Don’t Be Selfish!
It is only natural that you should treat others like you want to be treated, this applies to Twitter as well. If you want others to retweet you, make sure you retweet others as well!
4. Tweet Your Gratitude:
I found it very useful to tweet my gratitude for the retweets I get every now and then. Showing your appreciation make a lot of difference and encourages tweeps to support you by retweeting you more often.
Nothing beats "thank you" tweets!
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, content, follow, howto, increase, klout, profile, quality, recency, response, retweet, RT, tips, Tweepi, tweet, Twitter, update
Say No to Spam!
Tweepi is back again with more Twitter related tips! Today, we will introduce you to the top 5 methods and applications which could help you cut down on incoming spam and better enjoy their overall Twitter experience.
1. Manual Selection: This method might be fun at the beginning yet could become a bit overwhelming especially to those following thousands of tweeps. Basically, this method entails that you monitor the activity, profile, links and tweets of those you are following and manually unfollow and block those who seem to be spammers rather than true tweeps. Things you should be well aware of when manually following and unfollowing tweeps:
- Be ware of suspicious-looking shortened URLS; these could be links to viruses, pornography, trojans or spam. For example, if you see the same URL with 10 different descriptions!
- Be careful of trending topics; spammers use those with a combination of hashtags so they would show up more often on Twitter search.
- Be ware of fake followers; followers who will not RT you or provide you with valuable information, instead, they use their Twitter account to send our promotions to sell their services.
- Know who you follow before you follow them and unfollow and block anyone who seems to be a spammer immediately. Continue reading
Posted in Clean up your Twitter, Tips and Tricks
Tagged apps, CleanTweets, follow, howto, manual, selection, spam, tips, tools, topics, trending, Tweepi, Twerspcan, Twitter, unfollow
Twitter is a fun platform where you could meet friends, share music, videos and stories. However, Twitter could also be a great way to do business!
Therefore, today I will be giving you 10 best ways that you could benefit from Twitter for your business:
- Try to have more than one tweet following up on your business Twitter account. You need continuous interaction with your audience and you don’t want a gap since employees can be busy, be on vacations or even quit!
- When promoting a blog post related to your business, don’t just dump the link on your Twitter followers; explain to them, in a few words, what the post is about or prompt them for a reply at least.
- Follow interesting and active people. If you find tweeps who you think are interesting, follow them and retweet the valuable and interesting things they tweet.
- Share the “human side” of your company. If you’re bothering to tweet, it means you believe social media has value for human connections.
- Commenting on others’ tweets and being active is a great way to build your community. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged account, audience, blog, business, follow, howto, interaction, links, posts, retweet, tips, Tricks, Tweepi, Twitter