Ever wondered what could get you blacklisted on Twitter? Today’s post is dedicated to the top 10 tips I have for Twitter users who want to avoid getting unfollowed or blocked on Twitter:
- NEVER add your followers’ names in your ad tweets! It might seem appealing, it might seem lucrative but trust me, it is annoying and I have unfollowed and blocked many of those I was following just for that reason!
- Don’t just tweet rambles! Twitter is an endless stream of information and if you don not provide something valuable every now and then, you will eventually be unfollowed.
- Don’t be selfish! If I care enough to retweet you, you should be able to do the same or else you don’t deserve me following you and I will eventually block you. Sharing is caring and retweeting is as well.
- Don’t Overdo the Direct Messages! Especially when I start following you, I don’t want you promoting your products and services to me, let me know you on a different and deeper level then start advertising to me!
- Never Try to Cheat the Rules! Twitter will catch you, eventually and suspend your account periodically or indefinitely! Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged ads, blocked, DM, follow, links, reply, retweet, spam, tips, Tweepi, tweets, Twitter, unfollow, users
Just like any other social interaction, there are certain rules and criteria which are favorable when using Twitter.
Because Tweepi is not just a tool, but a new way of using Twitter, we will share with you some Twitter etiquette – in the form of tips – which could help you better benefit from your tweeting experience.
1. Retweet other like you want to be retweeted!
It is easy, simple and takes one click yet makes a lot of difference. Always remember that if you want other to retweet you, you should do the same.
2. Thank tweeps in various ways:
Whether someone retweeted you, mentioned you or recommended you, it is nice to thank them in return. Your thank you could be in the form of a short tweet followed by a gratitude hashtag, or it could be a counter retweet, mention or recommendation. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged abuse, advertising, block, DM, FFHelper, follow, gratitude, mentions, reciprocate, recommendation, replies, retweets, thank you, tips, tool, Tweepi, Tweeps, tweets, Twitter, unfollow
When using Tweepi, or any other following tools, your avatar can play a very important role in whether tweeps decide to follow you or not.
@beiruta - My Twitter Avatar
Here are 5 reasons why:
1. Recognition: It has been proven that human beings are wired in a manner which allows them to recognize and remember faces. Therefore, if you use a picture of your face in your avatar, you have a higher percentage of being remembered by your followers.
2. Expression: What your expression says in your avatar can actually be a factor in determining who follows you and why! Let’s say your smiling, a sincere smile is considered engaging and attracts people to you but a goofy smile might give off an unprofessional impression. Continue reading
Posted in Clean up your Twitter, Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, avatar, cleanup, flush, follow, followers, following, images, manage, tips, trick, tweep, Tweepi, tweepi v2, Twitter, unfollow, value, Web 2.0
Welcome to the second post dedicated to helping you choose whom to follow based on your friend’s followers’ list.
The difference between @user’s followers and @user’s friends is simple: The former shows you a list of the user’s followers whereas the latter shows you who the user is following.
@user’s friends is mostly used when you find a person who is just so knowledgeable that you say to yourself “Whomever he’s follow has got to be just as smart. I need to follow them too!”. That’s what the Follow by friends is for.
After clicking on “Start following”, you will be taken to a list of followers whom @lovepeaceunity is also following back.
And as usual, based on your preferences, you start choosing whom to follow using the presets.
That’s all for now…
Don’t hesitate to let us know about any more tips you might need :)
In the “Manage Twitter” part of Tweepi, you have 3 geeky tools to choose from:
- Flush Unfollowers
- Clean Up
Today, I will explain to you what “Clean Up” is all about in order to make sure you benefit the most from using our Tweepi!
Tweepi Clean Up Tool
What is “Clean Up”?
“Clean Up” is similar to Spring cleaning; taking out all the things you don’t need and cleaning up in order to make your home cozier and tidier!
What Clean Up does is similar. It enables you to take a look at all the Twitter folks you are following and decide, based on certain criteria, whom you should keep following and who you should unfollow.
Whether you hate bots, spammers and linkless ramblers or you are annoyed by inactive tweeps, the Clean Up tool was created to help you filter out the deadbeats and keep those who are worthy of your follows!
Enjoy cleaning up your Twitter account!