As a part of our mission, we aim to make use of our tweeting experience by bringing you tips that may help you get more attention, engagement, clicks, replies, and new followers.
Therefore, we invite you to enjoy this great list of 10 advanced Twitter tips and tricks:
1. Search for Yourself: Twitter has an API call limit of 150 calls an hour. Every time your Twitter client searches for replies, DMs, or tweets, it wastes a call. Use a search for your own name instead of a replies column in your Twitter client, thus saving APIs and getting the same result! (The only downside is that people with protected updates won’t show up).
2. Use Friendfeed: Friendfeed is a very good resource for searching for old tweets. Twitter Search only goes back a few weeks, but Friendfeed allows you to find any old tweet.
3. Use Groups: Even when you are following a large number of tweeps, you really pay close attention to only a sum of their tweets. By creating groups in your Twitter client, you have a column with those tweets that really count!
4. Don’t Use & in Your Twitter Profile: For some reason, the “&” symbol doesn’t get along well with Twitter and won’t be displayed properly.
5. 125 is the new 140: Although you can now tweet more than 140 characters, the whole purpose of Twitter is the short messages. Shorten your tweets to 125 (or shorter if you can) to encourage easy retweets and added comments. Continue reading