Twitter Tips for Journalists
It is very important to realize that Twitter can work for anyone when used in the right way. Whether you are a writer, a designer, a marketer or an ambitious journalist, there is always a specific path for you to follow on Twitter in order to promote your work and meet potential customers.
For today’s post, I will be sharing with you 5 great Twitter tips for journalists.
I will begin by stating the variety of purposes journalists can use Twitter for:
- Monitor activities and discussions of people in your community.
- Connect with people who will provide you with helpful tips and information.
- Connect with colleagues and share ideas with them or get ideas from them.
- Crowd source stories by asking the community for story ideas or information.
- Quickly find people who witnessed or experienced news worthy events.
- Break stories quickly.
- Provide live coverage of news events.
- Drive traffic to your website or blog.
- Report a story by text message using Twitter in disaster situations when you can’t transmit data.
- Improve your writing as you learn to make points directly in just 140 characters.
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged account, advanced, app, application, blog, community, content, coverage, data, events, howto, ideas, information, journalist, locals, news, search, sharing, Tricks, Tweeps, Twitterm tips, website, writer, writing
We all know by now that Twitter is a effective way to promote businesses, play games and meet potential customers. However, it also has many great uses and here are some of them:
- Become involved with causes: Twitter is a great tool for staying up to date with what’s going on in the world especially when it comes to causes and playing a role in promoting them and making a change.
- Gather true opinions about almost anything: Whether you are planning to watch a new movie, try out a new place for dinner or looking to buy a new laptop, you can always rely on your Twitter friends to guide you to the right choice by offering you tips and personal experiences.
- Keep up with your favorite topics: Using Twitter search, you can always find information about your favorite sports team, actor, TV shows and more. It is fast, easy and a great way to meet people who share the same interests with you. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged causes, change, dinner, fan, friends, gatherings, guide, help, ideas, interest, local, meetings, movie, news, opinion, people, regional, search, sharing, teams, tips, Twitter, uses
One of the goals of a business presence on Twitter is to build a community and improve credibility with the entire tweeps’ population. To be able to do that, the usage of the service by businesses should extend beyond just marketing of their services or talking about themselves, they should also strive to develop a personal connection with their audience.
Twitter for Business
Here are some of the ways to achieve that:
- Share some tips related to your business and how you manage to balance between your work load and life commitments. This will help you to connect with other in your line of work on a more personal level.
- Help others to solve their problems, even if they are not related to your business line and especially if you are a small business.
- Post your thoughts on your Industry, business and other topics of interest. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged business, events, experience, feed, friendly, ideas, link, Management, photos, pictures, place, posts, sharing, staff, tips, tweets, Twitter
What are the real, closeted reasons behind the act of “tweeting”? Why would someone spend hours tweeting to complete strangers he/she has never met before and will probably never meet in person? What needs does tweeting fulfill? Do we really think of the psychology behind our tweeting habits?
Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Model
Here are some of the main reasons behind the act of tweeting based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs Model:
- Meeting new people from different backgrounds and various locations around the world.
- Establishing connections with others, grow friendships, build relationships and maybe even find love (or at least talk about it to many others who might be feeling the same!).
- Building on self-confidence through interacting with tweeps who continuously praise your tweets, personality, knowledge and/or looks.
- Earning respect from your Twitter peers by providing them with valuable content, tips and links.
- Developing and spreading your creativity in an open and receptive Twitter atmosphere.
- Learning new skills related to problem-solving, enhancing interpersonal competencies and improving overall communication habits.
- Winning products, through sweepstakes and promotions, that have the ability to make you feel “important” and “unique” such as the Macbook Pro.
- Feeling with others on a deeper level through spreading the news about humanitarian causes, environmental problems, economical issues or political debates, and eventually making a difference.
- Achieving fame through proposing ideas that will become trending topics or uncovering site hacks and problems.
Now that I have listed the psychological needs behind using Twitter, which need would you say Twitter satisfies for you? And do you think there are other needs that Twitter fulfills?
Posted in Humor
Tagged analysis, business, causes, creativity, feel, humor, ideas, links, meet, peers, people, products, psychology, skills, tips, Twitter. tweet, win