It is very important to realize that Twitter can work for anyone when used in the right way. Whether you are a writer, a designer, a marketer or an ambitious journalist, there is always a specific path for you to follow on Twitter in order to promote your work and meet potential customers.
For today’s post, I will be sharing with you 5 great Twitter tips for journalists.
I will begin by stating the variety of purposes journalists can use Twitter for:
- Monitor activities and discussions of people in your community.
- Connect with people who will provide you with helpful tips and information.
- Connect with colleagues and share ideas with them or get ideas from them.
- Crowd source stories by asking the community for story ideas or information.
- Quickly find people who witnessed or experienced news worthy events.
- Break stories quickly.
- Provide live coverage of news events.
- Drive traffic to your website or blog.
- Report a story by text message using Twitter in disaster situations when you can’t transmit data.
- Improve your writing as you learn to make points directly in just 140 characters.