Twitter spammers are an especially annoying breed of spammers. Unlike their email cousins, you can’t just shove them in a dirty little corner, that you’ll have to visit begrudgingly, instead they will flood your Twitter feed.
So far, Twitter’s strategy to fight spam is limited to disabling accounts that are suspected of being used to spam the service, and that is not enough. So Twitter users are encouraged to be vigilant and not only be careful about not only the people whom they follow but also those who follow them, and using Twitter will surely make fighting those spammers a breeze.
What to Look for?
If someone only tweets links then he is probably just a bot tied to an RSS Feed, and unless it is your favorite news service or blog then chances are this person is a spammer. To remove those quickly go to Manage Twitter –> Reciprocate –> select the “Avoid Linkless Ramblings” and sort by “Links Ratio“.
Have you found this tip helpful?Looking forward to your comments and feedback :)
Ever wondered what could get you blacklisted on Twitter? Today’s post is dedicated to the top 10 tips I have for Twitter users who want to avoid getting unfollowed or blocked on Twitter:
- NEVER add your followers’ names in your ad tweets! It might seem appealing, it might seem lucrative but trust me, it is annoying and I have unfollowed and blocked many of those I was following just for that reason!
- Don’t just tweet rambles! Twitter is an endless stream of information and if you don not provide something valuable every now and then, you will eventually be unfollowed.
- Don’t be selfish! If I care enough to retweet you, you should be able to do the same or else you don’t deserve me following you and I will eventually block you. Sharing is caring and retweeting is as well.
- Don’t Overdo the Direct Messages! Especially when I start following you, I don’t want you promoting your products and services to me, let me know you on a different and deeper level then start advertising to me!
- Never Try to Cheat the Rules! Twitter will catch you, eventually and suspend your account periodically or indefinitely! Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged ads, blocked, DM, follow, links, reply, retweet, spam, tips, Tweepi, tweets, Twitter, unfollow, users
What are the best Twitter practices an active tweep can carry out to make the best out of his/her overall Twitter usage?
Tweepi will help you figure out the answer for this question by sharing with you our list of top 10 Twitter Dos!
1. Show your gratitude: As prayers are important in life, “thank you” mentions are as important on Twitter!
@han_dry giving thanks :)
2. Send out love and smiles: You might think it’s lame, but gathering a group of people who bring a smile to your face, through their tweets, and sending them a smile every once in a while makes a huge difference.
3. Greet Your Fellow Tweeps: – with “good morning” and “good night” messages as often as you can, let people feel that you do care to greet them and not just advertise to them!
4. Be Creative! Why stick to the traditional already available hash tags and follow recommendations? Create your own! Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, advice, communication, creative, experience, greetings, personal, spam, tips, Tweepi, Tweeps, Twitter