Twitter search is very important. If you do use it, you probably noticed that not all tweets show up in your search. The reason for this is that Twitter filters out certain tweets from Twitter search.
Your tweets not showing up in the search results is not a good thing, especially if you are using Twitter for business. Being filtered out is not good for your social presence either.
Therefore, today we will present you with 5 ways to avoid being filtered from Twitter search:
A Snap Shot from Twitter Search of beiruta
- Don’t spam: We all know by now that spam could devastate your presence on Twitter, so please don’t do it!
- Don’t post duplicate tweets: If you want to promote your website, blog, product, etc, better do it over a couple of hours. It’s very annoying to see your service or blog linked five times in a row. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged blog, check, filtering, howto, link, mix, product, profile, search, service, spam, time, tips, Tweepi, tweet, Twitter, website
Some people think that it is easy to get retweets on Twitter. Trust me when I tell you: it’s NOT! More often than not, unless you are famous – a celebrity, singer, company, actor, politician and so on – your tweets might get lost in the tide!
So, from my experience on Twitter, here are 10 valuable tips which can help you increase the number of retweets you get on Twitter:
1. Make Your Tweets Count!
First and most importantly, you should always invest in your tweets. Your tweets are a reflection of who you are on Twitter so you should make them valuable and interesting enough to RT.
2. Choose Your Followers Carefully:
In case you haven’t realized it yet, you may have thousands of followers yet get a few retweets on your blog posts or in your mentions. If you are wondering why, remember that quality always comes before quantity. So, make sure the tweeps you want to follow are active on Twitter.
Check out the klout score & recent tweets to measure activity
3. Don’t Be Selfish!
It is only natural that you should treat others like you want to be treated, this applies to Twitter as well. If you want others to retweet you, make sure you retweet others as well!
4. Tweet Your Gratitude:
I found it very useful to tweet my gratitude for the retweets I get every now and then. Showing your appreciation make a lot of difference and encourages tweeps to support you by retweeting you more often.
Nothing beats "thank you" tweets!
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, content, follow, howto, increase, klout, profile, quality, recency, response, retweet, RT, tips, Tweepi, tweet, Twitter, update
Say No to Spam!
Tweepi is back again with more Twitter related tips! Today, we will introduce you to the top 5 methods and applications which could help you cut down on incoming spam and better enjoy their overall Twitter experience.
1. Manual Selection: This method might be fun at the beginning yet could become a bit overwhelming especially to those following thousands of tweeps. Basically, this method entails that you monitor the activity, profile, links and tweets of those you are following and manually unfollow and block those who seem to be spammers rather than true tweeps. Things you should be well aware of when manually following and unfollowing tweeps:
- Be ware of suspicious-looking shortened URLS; these could be links to viruses, pornography, trojans or spam. For example, if you see the same URL with 10 different descriptions!
- Be careful of trending topics; spammers use those with a combination of hashtags so they would show up more often on Twitter search.
- Be ware of fake followers; followers who will not RT you or provide you with valuable information, instead, they use their Twitter account to send our promotions to sell their services.
- Know who you follow before you follow them and unfollow and block anyone who seems to be a spammer immediately. Continue reading
Posted in Clean up your Twitter, Tips and Tricks
Tagged apps, CleanTweets, follow, howto, manual, selection, spam, tips, tools, topics, trending, Tweepi, Twerspcan, Twitter, unfollow
As a part of our mission, we aim to make use of our tweeting experience by bringing you tips that may help you get more attention, engagement, clicks, replies, and new followers.
Therefore, we invite you to enjoy this great list of 10 advanced Twitter tips and tricks:
1. Search for Yourself: Twitter has an API call limit of 150 calls an hour. Every time your Twitter client searches for replies, DMs, or tweets, it wastes a call. Use a search for your own name instead of a replies column in your Twitter client, thus saving APIs and getting the same result! (The only downside is that people with protected updates won’t show up).
2. Use Friendfeed: Friendfeed is a very good resource for searching for old tweets. Twitter Search only goes back a few weeks, but Friendfeed allows you to find any old tweet.
3. Use Groups: Even when you are following a large number of tweeps, you really pay close attention to only a sum of their tweets. By creating groups in your Twitter client, you have a column with those tweets that really count!
4. Don’t Use & in Your Twitter Profile: For some reason, the “&” symbol doesn’t get along well with Twitter and won’t be displayed properly.
5. 125 is the new 140: Although you can now tweet more than 140 characters, the whole purpose of Twitter is the short messages. Shorten your tweets to 125 (or shorter if you can) to encourage easy retweets and added comments. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged advanced, API, attention, Friendfeed, grader, groups, howto, klout, limit, links, lists, location, places, profile, RSS, time, tips, Tricks, Tweepi, Tweeps, tweets, Twitter, users