When using Tweepi to unfollow those who did not follow you back, you can choose amongst multiple presets such as Klout Score, Number of Tweets, Number of Followers and/or Time of Last Tweet.
However, since you can’t wait forever until a tweep decides to follow you back, you can always depend on the “Date Followed” to make a decision about unfollowing tweeps.
Tweepi Presets to Use for Unfollowing Tweeps
Personally, I give tweeps up to 2 days to follow me back, a longer time period would mean:
- They are not interested in following me back.
- They do not know (and might never know) that I am following them.
- They are inactive.
Example of my Unfollowing Technique Using "Date Followed"
Hope you found my tip useful.
Don’t hesitate to ask me any questions you have in the comments section below :)
Posted in Clean up your Twitter, Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, date, howto, presets, tips, Tweepi, Tweeps, tweet, Twitter, unfollow, unfollowing
Twitter spammers are an especially annoying breed of spammers. Unlike their email cousins, you can’t just shove them in a dirty little corner, that you’ll have to visit begrudgingly, instead they will flood your Twitter feed.
So far, Twitter’s strategy to fight spam is limited to disabling accounts that are suspected of being used to spam the service, and that is not enough. So Twitter users are encouraged to be vigilant and not only be careful about not only the people whom they follow but also those who follow them, and using Twitter will surely make fighting those spammers a breeze.
What to Look for?
If someone only tweets links then he is probably just a bot tied to an RSS Feed, and unless it is your favorite news service or blog then chances are this person is a spammer. To remove those quickly go to Manage Twitter –> Reciprocate –> select the “Avoid Linkless Ramblings” and sort by “Links Ratio“.
Have you found this tip helpful?Looking forward to your comments and feedback :)
Twitter is a fun platform where you could meet friends, share music, videos and stories. However, Twitter could also be a great way to do business!
Therefore, today I will be giving you 10 best ways that you could benefit from Twitter for your business:
- Try to have more than one tweet following up on your business Twitter account. You need continuous interaction with your audience and you don’t want a gap since employees can be busy, be on vacations or even quit!
- When promoting a blog post related to your business, don’t just dump the link on your Twitter followers; explain to them, in a few words, what the post is about or prompt them for a reply at least.
- Follow interesting and active people. If you find tweeps who you think are interesting, follow them and retweet the valuable and interesting things they tweet.
- Share the “human side” of your company. If you’re bothering to tweet, it means you believe social media has value for human connections.
- Commenting on others’ tweets and being active is a great way to build your community. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged account, audience, blog, business, follow, howto, interaction, links, posts, retweet, tips, Tricks, Tweepi, Twitter
Ever wondered what could get you blacklisted on Twitter? Today’s post is dedicated to the top 10 tips I have for Twitter users who want to avoid getting unfollowed or blocked on Twitter:
- NEVER add your followers’ names in your ad tweets! It might seem appealing, it might seem lucrative but trust me, it is annoying and I have unfollowed and blocked many of those I was following just for that reason!
- Don’t just tweet rambles! Twitter is an endless stream of information and if you don not provide something valuable every now and then, you will eventually be unfollowed.
- Don’t be selfish! If I care enough to retweet you, you should be able to do the same or else you don’t deserve me following you and I will eventually block you. Sharing is caring and retweeting is as well.
- Don’t Overdo the Direct Messages! Especially when I start following you, I don’t want you promoting your products and services to me, let me know you on a different and deeper level then start advertising to me!
- Never Try to Cheat the Rules! Twitter will catch you, eventually and suspend your account periodically or indefinitely! Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged ads, blocked, DM, follow, links, reply, retweet, spam, tips, Tweepi, tweets, Twitter, unfollow, users
Some people think that in order to measure the influence of a tweep on Twitter, you should only look at the number of people following him/her and hence the larger it is, the more influence that tweep has. However, the number of followers is a misleading indicator of influence!
To actually measure the influence of anybody, you need to figure out how many people are listening to them(#followers), how often do they talk to their audience (#tweets), and how often they get mentioned by others(#RT’s).
Therefore, when deciding who to add to your account, make sure to check those parameters and not only the number of followers because while someone might have a lot of followers, he/she might not be active enough to capitalize on them.
You can also refer to the Klout score to find a measure of any tweets influence or you can check your impact by going here to the Twitalyzer website which has recently released the list of the most influential tweets and contrasted it with that of most followers.
5 Most-Influential People*
5 Most Followed People
Sometimes it’s hard to find something worth tweeting about, or you might just be overwhelmed. So for those looking for inspiration, they should do the following; select 3-5 “pro Twitter users” and 3-5 “lite or less popular users” so that you can look to them for inspiration or you can just RT or reply to one of their tweets.
The people that you pick would need to:
- Post less than 15 tweets a day
- Have a fairly equal conversations to links ratio
- Talk about topics that you feel passionate about
- The less popular users need to be someone you know or have some relationship to
Put those people in a list and make it a daily habit of checking, interacting and replying to those people. This will not only get you active on Twitter, adding those people whom you have a relationship to will make your experience on Twitter more authentic and real. You can also use Tweepi to filter and choose people to add to this list.
Have you found this tip useful?