Twitter Tips for Journalists
It is very important to realize that Twitter can work for anyone when used in the right way. Whether you are a writer, a designer, a marketer or an ambitious journalist, there is always a specific path for you to follow on Twitter in order to promote your work and meet potential customers.
For today’s post, I will be sharing with you 5 great Twitter tips for journalists.
I will begin by stating the variety of purposes journalists can use Twitter for:
- Monitor activities and discussions of people in your community.
- Connect with people who will provide you with helpful tips and information.
- Connect with colleagues and share ideas with them or get ideas from them.
- Crowd source stories by asking the community for story ideas or information.
- Quickly find people who witnessed or experienced news worthy events.
- Break stories quickly.
- Provide live coverage of news events.
- Drive traffic to your website or blog.
- Report a story by text message using Twitter in disaster situations when you can’t transmit data.
- Improve your writing as you learn to make points directly in just 140 characters.
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged account, advanced, app, application, blog, community, content, coverage, data, events, howto, ideas, information, journalist, locals, news, search, sharing, Tricks, Tweeps, Twitterm tips, website, writer, writing
Who can give you better advice on using Twitter effectively and creatively more than the “creme de la creme” of Twitter users themselves? The answer is simple: No one!
Therefore, for today’s post, I will be sharing with you 10 great tips from 10 equally great Twitter users that are sure to enhance your overall tweeting experience:
- ryansholin – Be honest. Have fun. Don’t try to sell anything.
- wpcandy – Twitter about stuff that has to do with your blog, but also Twitter stuff that has nothing to do with your blog.
- scottkarp – Share links, share ideas, ask questions, answer questions — anything but “what are you doing?” unless it’s really interesting.
- rosshill – Join the conversation, there are too many blog promoters on twitter who just broadcast. Learn @ and start networking :)
- soniasimone – Write each word like it matters, because it does. Continue reading