I love Twitter, I really do; I love how it connects you to people from all over the world, people who would never ever get the chance to meet otherwise! I also love how it helps you promote different products, services and people while having to stick to a certain number of characters which, naturally, teaches you how to be creative in a unique manner.
The Angry Twitter Bird :)
However, there are a few things about Twitter that can drive me (and many others) nuts. So, for today’s post, I will be sharing those things with you in order to help you realize what you should try to avoid when using Twitter so you will get less unfollows and more follows:
So what are the things that make me mad wen it comes to Twitter?
1. “So-Called Gurus” on Twitter:
Whether you are an expert in marketing or any other field, I think claiming that you are a “guru” is very pretentious and annoying. I actually know many so-called gurus who have less followers than regular, sharing and active tweeps!
2. Twitter Users with Eggs as Avatars:
I usually look at the avatars of those whom I intend to follow on Twitter. To me, an “egg” avatar is somewhat insulting in the sense that thousands of Twitter users took the time to make sure they have unique avatars while those with the egg avatars didn’t even bother. Here’s the thing: I will not follow you if you had an egg for your avatar, regardless of how active you are; others agree with me as well!
3. Bio-Less Twitter Profiles:
Your Twitter profile is your introduction to new followers as well as a great way to put yourself on the internet map, therefore, you should invest time in creating a strong bio for yourself. If you don’t, you will probably be unfollowed using applications such as Tweepi. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged avatar, avatars, bio, bio-less, business, connecting, eggs, experts, follow, gurus, mad, marketing, sharing, spam, tips, Tweeps, tweets, Twitter, unfollow, users
Tweeting “right” is not a piece of cake, especially if your intentions go beyond the random act of tweeting to actually promoting products, services and/or people.
Therefore, for today’s post, I”ll be sharing with you 5 Twitter etiquette tips that work for all you Twitter users out there:
- Avoid text speak and “dnt tlk lyk ths”- if you are not able squeeze a proper sentence into 140 characters (or, ideally, less), just keep on trying; nobody likes random, incomplete and senseless sentences!
- Find the balance between being overly negative and too happy. Neither are enormously popular except with others like them. Don’t be somebody you’re not, but if the real you is a jerk, a sap or a fraud, you should probably work on it.
- It goes without saying, but trolls, bullies, spammers and stalkers are not welcome (MySpace would work better for those!) Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged automation, balance, business, etiquette, followers, happy, howto, people, products, promotion, retweets, sad, services, spam, spammers, stalkers, tips, Tweeps, tweets, Twitter, users
Using Twitter for Your Small Business
Twitter can be used for business and pleasure. When used correctly, Twitter can be a great tool for small businesses to grow and prosper.
Therefore, today’s post will be a collection of 10 valuable tips every small business could benefit from:
1. As I have mentioned before, and I can’t stress this enough, do not use “eggs” as your Twitter avatar and be smart about your choice of Twitter background.
2. Use a business Twitter account to create a great place for customer relationship management. Teach your clients to use Twitter to keep with the happenings of your company. Also, it can help you share the news and information regarding the success of your clients.
3. Use Twitter as a discussion forum. Ask your clients and prospective clients what they would like to see, hear, taste, and experience.
4. Use Google Analytics to measure the traffic directed from Twitter to your blog or website. If you can measure the traffic related to sales or acquisitions it help you understand an ROI from the tool.
5. Encourage your employees to join Twitter and become part of the conversation.
6. Fill out your profile. Make sure you put information regarding your personal life as well as your business life. This is important because, yes, tweeps do check it. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, application, blog, business, cars, device, effective, follow, life, manage, mobile, personal, profile, retweet, RTs, small, tips, Tweeps, tweet, Twitter, URL, valuable
Twitter is one of the best platforms to connect people on different levels and for various reasons. Its concept of countless short connections and messages has opened the door for a new type of games to emerge.
Today, we will present you with a list of 4 of the most addictive games that use Twitter as their communication layer. The games can be really fun and addictive, but you have to be careful not to annoy your followers with many game-related tweets.
Artwiculate(@artwiculate) is a real-time Twitter based game which helps you learn a new word each day. Follow @artwiculate on Twitter and use the word they broadcast in one of your tweets. The more “˜likes’ or retweets each reply gets, pushes it up the popularity charts on Artwiculate.
140Mafia (@lolplaying) allows you to start your own Mob family. You have to recruit your friends, buy the best weapons, and manage your business dealings to advance in the game.
140blood (@140blood) is a new Twitter-based multi-player fantasy game. It gives you the option of choosing amongst 4 different adventures: Elven Blood, Blood Lust, Skies of Blood, and City of Blood. All adventures play the same but differ in the atmosphere and storyline.
Twitbrain (@twitbrain) is a Twitter game for math and engineering nerds. Twitbrain will post a math problem (i.e. 1 -minus- 35 +plus+ 41). The game then becomes about speed – how fast can you calculate the answer and @reply it to Twitbrain?
Which one is your favorite? Do you play other games on Twitter? Let us know what you think of our collection of Twitter games in the comment section below.
Posted in Humor
Tagged 140, addictive, Artwiculate, Blood, brain, calculate, competition, family, fun, games, learn, Mafia, math, play, strategy, Tweeps, tweets, Twitbrain, words