Ever wondered what could get you blacklisted on Twitter? Today’s post is dedicated to the top 10 tips I have for Twitter users who want to avoid getting unfollowed or blocked on Twitter:
- NEVER add your followers’ names in your ad tweets! It might seem appealing, it might seem lucrative but trust me, it is annoying and I have unfollowed and blocked many of those I was following just for that reason!
- Don’t just tweet rambles! Twitter is an endless stream of information and if you don not provide something valuable every now and then, you will eventually be unfollowed.
- Don’t be selfish! If I care enough to retweet you, you should be able to do the same or else you don’t deserve me following you and I will eventually block you. Sharing is caring and retweeting is as well.
- Don’t Overdo the Direct Messages! Especially when I start following you, I don’t want you promoting your products and services to me, let me know you on a different and deeper level then start advertising to me!
- Never Try to Cheat the Rules! Twitter will catch you, eventually and suspend your account periodically or indefinitely! Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged ads, blocked, DM, follow, links, reply, retweet, spam, tips, Tweepi, tweets, Twitter, unfollow, users
Your influence on Twitter is not measured by the number of people following you, it’s measured by your ability to influence your followers. To increase your influence on Twitter, you should consider catering to niches. You can do that by creating Twitter accounts for each topic that you want to talk about instead of discussing them all through a single account.
This is a good idea for the same reason that it is a good idea to have clearly indicated sections in a newspaper. This way, those who are only interested in reading about the economy don’t have to weed through the sport news item to find their economical news.
So, if your business wants to offer customer service along side the accounts role in PR, consider creating 2 accounts even though they are managed by a single person. To simplify managing multiple accounts you should consider using services such as Hootsuite to help you achieve that task.
Have you found this tip useful? Share with us your thoughts in the comment section below.