What is the real value of social media? What makes “the act of tweeting” a delicious treat?
Despite the stubborn stands against “tweeting” claiming it’s a waste of time and breach of privacy, it seems that Twitter does provide value to its users!
The top 10 value-driven reasons to use Twitter are:
- The marketing coup: Through consistent use, thousands of individuals and companies are utilizing Twitter to increase Web traffic, or to perpetuate a brand.
- Using Twitter, as opposed to E-mail, Blogs and Instant messaging, provides the value of fast and compact communication. If used correctly, Twitter is an attractive tool for sharing relevant content quickly with interested users.
- Twitter holds a high value to corporations. It helps them learn new things from their audience and in turn teach their target about their services/products; thus promoting collective intelligence.
- Twitter proves to be a very good way to connect with current friends and meet new ones in an engaging environment. Furthermore, Twitter provides its followers with the luxury of “venting” to friends about feelings, likes, dislikes, interests and so on.
- Twitter is everywhere! It has solved the problem of staying in touch when you’re not physically bound to your computer! Through Twitter, you can keep up with the buzz even when you’re on the move, with text or IM. Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged businesses, communities, corporate, corporations, email, friends, intelligence, marketing, micro blogging, new, potential, tweeting, Twitter, value, writing
When using Tweepi, or any other following tools, your avatar can play a very important role in whether tweeps decide to follow you or not.
@beiruta - My Twitter Avatar
Here are 5 reasons why:
1. Recognition: It has been proven that human beings are wired in a manner which allows them to recognize and remember faces. Therefore, if you use a picture of your face in your avatar, you have a higher percentage of being remembered by your followers.
2. Expression: What your expression says in your avatar can actually be a factor in determining who follows you and why! Let’s say your smiling, a sincere smile is considered engaging and attracts people to you but a goofy smile might give off an unprofessional impression. Continue reading
Posted in Clean up your Twitter, Tips and Tricks
Tagged active, avatar, cleanup, flush, follow, followers, following, images, manage, tips, trick, tweep, Tweepi, tweepi v2, Twitter, unfollow, value, Web 2.0
I would like to personally welcome you to our new Tweepi: Tweepi v2.0. I have already used it many times and it has definitely added more value to my tweeting experience!
In order to make sure you get the same value as I did, I will be posting tips and tricks on a weekly basis to familiarize you with Tweepi and guarantee that you get the maximum benefit from it.
Reserving Followers Trick
When using Tweepi for the first time, you will find tools to manage your Twitter followers. The tools are: Flush, Reciprocate and Cleanup (refer to snapshot).
From my experience, I have learned that the best way to reserve your followers while managing them is to go through the options in the following order: Continue reading
Posted in Tips and Tricks
Tagged benefit, cleanup, experience, flush, follow, followers, howto, manage, Management, new, reciprocate, steps, tips, tools, trick, tweep, Tweepi, Twitter, value