Hiring: Frontend PHP/JS Developer
We are working on new Tweepi features and a new Twitter/Facebook marketing platform. We are
currently hiring a frontend developer and a brilliant User Experience (UX) designer.
This post is for the frontend developer position.
We are looking for a brilliant frontend developer to join us. An applicant must be a great
self-learner, always write with DRY and KISS principles in mind and be a master at writing
automated Unit/System tests.
The task at hand is upgrading the current GWT/GXT Tweepi grid to a lightweight, mobile
friendly grid to replace it.
Contract job for assisting us in upgrading Tweepi. Off-site / anywhere you can work from. Then
retainer/part-time/full-time depending on work quality and punctuality in respecting deadlines.
- Experience with at least one MVC PHP development framework. Tweepi is built with Symfony – so
if unfamiliar with Symfony, you’ll need to learn it.
- Experience with jQuery and GWT/GXT to be able to read and migrate the code from the current
- Experience in writing optimized MySQL queries.
- Research the best choice for the Tweepi Grid replacement/upgrade with supporting arguments for
- Preserve the grid layout and display format (button bars, pagination, SHIFT+click to select a
range, page width responsiveness of grid - currently on reload, etc).
- Migrate types of grids. Search grids as well as local/remote sorting and filtering grids.
- Preserve grid sorting and filtering functionality: depending on type of Tweepi tool, grid should
be able to do per-page client side sorting/filtering, or server side sorting/filtering which reloads
the contents of the grid itself, or a combination of both (depending on the column chosen).
- Support showing/hiding columns.
- Capability to handle unexpected API errors and server side problems and display them in a friendly
manner to client. Will be discussed in more depth.
- Migration of main Tweepi functionality (grid buttons). API endpoints already built on PHP
- Migration/replacement of the dialogs and bubble pop-ups used for confirmations and errors.
How to apply
Email us your cover-letter describing why you are suitable for this job and your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skype interview will be scheduled if found suitable. Applications with no cover-letters
will be ignored.